PARENTS! Remember to check out our top tips for making this work!
Today we’re starting you off with an episode of Pecky’s World
Today is the first session in our new series! Jesus the Ultimate Game Changer!
Did you know that when Jesus walked on earth he met loads of different people? And whoever they were, whatever they did, wherever they were from… they were forever changed by him!
Let’s find out more…
Our aim today is to learn that Jesus is the Ultimate Game Changer – we are changed when we meet him!
MARK THE MOMENT
Mark the moment: share an achievement from this past week with your family. Celebrate each other!
WORSHIP (6-8 MINS)
Let’s celebrate Jesus!
INTRO (12 MINS)
EXPLORE THE STORY OF GOD BRINGING US INTO HIS KINGDOM! (5 MINS)
Watch the video below, or check out these key verses in the Bible:
QUICK UNPACK (2-5 MINS) KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR YOUNGER ONES!
- Jesus IS the Ultimate Game Changer: he brought awesome transformation wherever he went: with a prayer, a touch, a helping hand or a wise word, and all full of Father God’s love and Holy Spirit’s power!
- changing people’s lives
- healing sick bodies
- filling empty hearts
- freeing confused minds…
- The ultimate Game Changing moment in history was Jesus dying and rising again!
- It was God’s awesome plan to reverse the effects of Adam and Eve’s choices to listen to the enemy and bring us back to God’s heart of love! WOW!
- Have you met Jesus for yourself?
- We can be Jesus’ forever friends if we believe in him and that he died and rose again for us.
- Chat with your child about this and share how you became his friend.
- Help them to pray to say YES to new life with Jesus…
FUN ACTIVITIES (5-15 MINS)
- Choose a favourite game like Simon Says or Sleeping Lions or Musical Statues and play a couple times, then change one element of the game such as you do the opposite of what Simon Says or you can roll around for Sleeping Lions or you stand on one leg for Musical Statues!
- Have fun taking it in turns to make up new ‘rules’ to the change the game!
Create: your own transformational scratch art.
- You will need wax crayons or pastels
- Use bright crayons to cover a piece of paper, then colour over completely with black crayon/pastel or alternatively use black poster paint (but you’ll have to wait for it to dry)
- Then grab an empty ball point pen, cocktail stick, or pencil and scratch a design/pattern/truth/bible verse on the black and watch the rainbow of colours be revealed from underneath!
Create: Rainbows and Sunshine
- Create a rainbow cloud or sunshine: use the template to cut out and decorate the pieces. You could write on the coloured strips some of the Game Changing things Jesus did or gave us: life forever, love, peace, he beat death, he is always with me…
- Then stick the coloured strips along one edge of the cloud or add the sun ‘rays’ around the ‘sun’.
BIBLE BITE: Can you begin to learn Colossians 1:13? What actions could you do to help you? Could you say it in silly voices or sing it or copy each other?
Colossians 1:13: God has freed us from the power of darkness, and he brought us into the kingdom of his dear Son.
Extra: dance and jump around to this catchy song: Jesus the Game Changer
Resources: Pdf template, scissors, pens, glue/tape, paper and card, wax crayons, pastels, something safe to scratch with.
PRAYER IDEAS: (5-10 MINS)
- Adventure Time: Get comfy and invite Holy Spirit to be with you. You could imagine playing a favourite game with Jesus… what do you play? What do you see, hear, feel? What is Jesus doing? What is he showing you? Have fun playing with him! Don’t forget to draw about it and tell each other!
- Pray for each person in your family to really know Jesus as their game changer. To experience his love and his big heart for them to be close to him. Is there anything you need to give to him that’s bugging you? Listen in to Holy Spirit for each other… what is he showing you to encourage, comfort and strengthen each other? Jesus wants to change us!
TODAY’S GAME CHANGING MOMENT
When I meet with Jesus I am changed! He is my Game Changer!
Share your fun times with us! Show us your Super Duper Love Glasses! What was Holy Spirit showing you for others? How will you be kind this week?